Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Almost Time?

Yesterday I thought it was almost time to go to Haiti. Now I'm hoping it's almost time to go to Haiti.

Never thought I would despise any type of inclement weather. It was always my best friend due to the fact that it has a nice tendency to cancel school. However, I am consternated to report that due to inclement and violent weather, namely a hurricane, schools all over south Florida have been cancelled, the Republican National Convention has been delayed, and my flight to Miami tomorrow is CANCELLED!!!!

Mom's on the phone right now with the airline. Correction: mom's on HOLD right now with the airline, and will be for the next 55 minutes according to that nasally, pre-recorded voice at the other end of the line.

Didn't think my lessons in flexibility on the mission field would start before arriving at said mission field!!!

2 comments:

  1. We had a client who was traveling to Florida yesterday and on the way found out the cruise he was going on was going to be delayed. Our agent was on hold for over 2 hours trying to get through to the cruise line. All of the airlines, hotels, cruises lines etc. are frantically trying to reaccommodate thousands of people. Not an easy job. Hope your trip doesn't get delayed too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! But better to be stranded at home with family than in Miami with Isaac. I know you will do fine with the change - your family are the most flexible people I know! :)

    ReplyDelete