Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

Hopefully in 72 hours, I will be in Haiti, but it may be contingent on Hurricane Isaac. By Monday when I travel, the storm will have passed Haiti, but it's due to hit Florida. And I'm flying through Florida. Even if there isn't an actual hurricane, there will be a vicious storm, schools will likely be closed, and maybe planes won't even be flying into Miami. Thankfully if I am stranded in Miami, the wonderful Skinner family shall be providing me a place to spend the night so I won't have to spend it in some strange, scary airport or in some lonely, unfriendly hotel room. 

Although it will have passed Haiti by Monday, it is supposed to be hitting Haiti later today. Isaac itself is not nearly as strong as was previously anticipated, which is good, and it looks as if it may moving away from Haiti. But regardless, the storm itself still has potential to inflict major damage. 

This is a picture of a tent city in Haiti today waiting for the storm to hit. I can't say it looks like a place I'd want to be living in with a tropical storm on the way. Or living in any day that is... Pray for the people living in these structures - that God would protect the people and calm the storm.


1 comment:

  1. I hope the winds and rains were not too bad in Haiti, and that the storm stays to the west as predicted so Miami may not be as badly affected. I'm so excited for you as you start off on both this new adventure and this next stage of your life.

    ReplyDelete