Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Les Vacanes!

From Saturday of this week to Saturday March, 9th, I shall be a very busy little girl. Currently on the agenda we have three main items that I am anticipating with much excitement -

A weekend in Sisteron, France with the McCropders.
Five days (including travel...) in Slovakia to visit my most dear friends.
Morgan's visit and a trip to Paris.

Shortly thereafter, we have exams. Thus I shall unfortunately not have much time to study over the vacation. And donc, I shall end this blog post now so that I can go get some studying in before the mayhem commences on Saturday. So stay tuned, pray that I can maneuver Europe successfully, and prepare yourselves for some epic posts in about two weeks.

Actually since I'm here, I may as well give you a quick recap of the week thus far:

Alyssa et moi cooked dinner for lots of people on Tuesday night. We made food for a slightly belated Chinese New Year celebration! Egg drop soup, scallion pancakes, and beef and broccoli with rice. The food was dubbed a success despite an unwelcome boiling oil shower that singed my lip in the making of the food, and the egg drop soup dropping quite literally off of the stove and on to the floor. Wednesday brought with it two fun-filled hours of puzzles and playdough and drawing and knitting with the ever wonderful Anna and Abi, tickets for Slovakia were purchased, I studied a bit, caught up with the mundane necessities of life that I have neglected horribly as of late. Sarah and I had quite the trip to Géant complete with breaking bikes, open backpacks, forgetting wallets, lots of laughter and the like, and the day finished with a game of Catan at the McLaughlins (yes, never fear, I got the longest road).

Donc, c'est tout. Prepare yourselves for the plethora of stories that shall transpire in these next two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to hear the stories! Enjoy your vacation. Don't forget all your French whilst in Slovakia and try to avoid too many hot oil splatter showers.

    ReplyDelete