Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

So Much Love

A huge highlight in Haiti was the day the mail came. It came maybe once every 10 days, and was always received with great joy.

The thrill of getting mail in France is similar, and in the past week, I have received two items of mail in particular that I would like to especially note!

Last Saturday, this came -


A package of letters from Ms. K's 5th grade class. Ms. K. is a very good friend of mine, and her class read a few of my blog posts to learn about how descriptive words can enhance writing. This itself was heartily encouraging to hear, and I was truly amazed that she actually found my writing worthy enough to use as classroom material! 

Then, as an entirely optional assignment, she told the kids that if they wrote me a letter, she would send it to France. Well I got a whole stack of most magnificent letters from these amazing kiddos! Their appreciation for my writing humbled and encouraged me. Their concern for my post-skiing state of health and wellness was very endearing, though it was indubitably concern mixed with amusement! I was so encouraged by their words; it felt like getting fan mail!

Secondly, a parcel of letters with marked as being from a mysterious sender came a few days ago. They were letters from my three sisters, Clara, Hannah Grace, and Abi.

Abi made me a book with simple and powerful truths that we all need to be reminded of often:






Hannah G.'s card also was so encouraging and full of great truth! Jesus shares his love for you! Now share your love with the WORLD!



So thank you to Ms. K.'s classroom, Clara, Hannah G., and Abi, and everyone else who has sent me love here and in Haiti! Acknowledgement also goes particularly to Rachel Schloneger and my Nai-Nai for being such faithful pen pals this year. Je suis vraiment reconnaissant. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, great post and pictures. You are truly loved by all.

    Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun class project for those 5th graders! It must have been so much fun to read their letters. Were their letters filled with descriptive words? Clara's art work is great! I love the little "To the moon and back" with France pointed out on the map.

    ReplyDelete