Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Goodbyes Continued...


Those who have been reading this blog will know that I have been given seven children here at GLA to love on and to build relationships with and to care for and nurture. You will also know that each child is assigned a special day of the week and on that special day, I try to spend a little bit of extra time with the child, and I keep him or her in my prayers throughout the day. I know that many of you have appreciated these introductions and subsequent updates, and I am so thankful to know that I have friends and family who love my child and pray for them the same day that I do. Thank you. As I end my days here in Haiti, I have written, through tears, a special letter to each child. Here is the letter for Monday's girl:

My dearest baby girl,

Where do I begin with you, sweet child? You were the very first baby I laid eyes on at GLA, and even then you made my heart jump. The first few days you didn't smile for me even one little bit. You just stared and stared, with a wondering, confused expression, and watched my every move. Since then you have come so far. It took a few weeks, if not more than a month, but you began to smile as if there was no tomorrow. I love that smile from the bottom of my soul. It's a glowing, radiant, full-face smile. And now not only do you smile, but you laugh. You laugh when I hold you up high in the sky. You laugh when I play peek-a-boo with you. You laugh when you see my face each morning, smiling at you in the nursery. 

I love how much you've grown in just ten weeks. It astounds me! It saddens me to know that I won't get to see you grow beyond these ten weeks, yet I rejoice that you will continue to grow and grow in strength and stature and wisdom. I'm so proud of you and who you're becoming. 

I am so excited for your future. Your forever home is way far away across the ocean in Luxembourg. You get to spend your childhood living in a country of castles and mountains and culture and beauty. I can't wait! I am SO EXCITED for you! I think about your future and what it might hold every single day!

I've prayed many prayers for you, but this verse especially is for you: Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Remember who you are in Christ, little one. Remember what it means to be truly beautiful.

I'm sorry I have to leave you so soon, so sorry, but I know that you will continue to grow and thrive in the truth, and that God will watch over you even when I'm not there.

Thank you for your joy. Thank you for your love. Thank you, God, for her life.

Love always,
Kathryn








4 comments:

  1. Oh, my sweet girl! I'm so excited that she is getting a forever home. It's fun to be her sponsor and have this connection and get to see what you post about her! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have NO conceivable idea how much it means to me that you are her sponsor. NO idea!!! I think of you and am thankful for you every time I see her!!!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to see the light in her eyes and the smile on her face. She is going to bring much joy to her family in Luxembourg. I'm thankful you were there to give her love and receive her love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your letters to them will be beautiful. I hope that they are able to be given to their forever families with all of the other things that GLA does for them. They will be treasured for years to come.

    ReplyDelete