Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Beginning of Goodbye


Today four of my roommates left me. Last night was a night full of mourning. Anna left early this morning; the other three just took off a few minutes ago. It feels like a foreshadowing for me of what is looming in the all too soon future.

Watching them as they cleaned the balcony one last time, drove back to the Toddler House one last time, walked down in the morning one last time, and said goodbye to their children was nearly enough to bring me to tears.

I appreciate these four women, how they have loved the children here, and how they have enriched my time in Haiti. I'm sorry that our time together is over, but thankful that our paths could cross even for this short time.

I'm happy to report that I'm no longer in a miserable state of sickness, but I am still weak and lethargic. Hopefully with some more ample nutritional sustenance and a good night of sleep, I'll be back to functioning at 100% tomorrow. I hope to dedicate every single minute of my time left to loving my children as well as I can.

With the three that left a few minutes ago:


3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that you will manage to stay in touch. Maybe you will have a reunion in Haiti sometime! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your good sustenance and rest and you will be back to yourself in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to miss riding in a Tap Tap. :) I bet wearing your seat belt will feel absolutely unnecessary when you return!

    I'm glad you're feeling better too. You've had more than your fair share of feeling sick this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give thanks for your recovery as an answer to prayer. My continued prayers are with you my dear girl. Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete