Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

What to Blog About?!?!

The dilemma of what to write about is quite overwhelming - not for a lack of material, but for an overabundance! Much has transpired in this past week, and I hardly know where to start in recounting to you all that has happened!!!

This afternoon, one of the wonderful Haitian staff here was kind enough to do my hair. She did so with expertise and speed, and I love the finished product!



Last night, we were supposed to have cinema night at the Toddler House, but it was cancelled because of the violent winds that have still been plaguing the area. It should be on for tonight, though and we are watching Tangled!!! Instead of a cinema night, however, my friend Lilly came to the Toddler House for a sleepover! We had a grand time together eating some delicious ice cream that Molly kindly got for us, playing candy land, watching Pixar short films, playing doctor and dentist, and sleeping in the same bed. All in all, it was a grand night.

The newest little boy here is doing better and better each day! All of us are simply enamored with him, and he has certainly become a favorite. Holding him and making him smile is a great joy and privilege. When he arrived a week ago (photo credit: Rhyan).

Cuddling with him today! (Do you see that awesome smile?!)


On Tuesday, I went to the psychologist with five of the kids. This evaluation is a necessary step in the adoption process. It was fun to ride through Haiti with the five kids and see some more of the country. I felt very privileged to be sitting in the back of the van with two little girls sleeping on top of me.

After many many days of storms and clouds and rain and wind and more storm and more clouds and more rain and more wind, the SUN came out yesterday!!! I missed it a surprisingly large amount. It felt like I was in Michigan on a gross day in the late fall, but worse, because it's not supposed to be like that here. The clouds are back this afternoon, but after spending all of yesterday in the sun with my babies, I'm feeling much better.

Lots of the children received packages from adoptive families this week. It was a blessing to watch them opening their packages and looking through their new things and at the pictures of their families!!! I was somewhat disappointed (but mostly thrilled) to find out that this little baby (my Monday girl) is going to a forever family in LUXEMBOURG!!! (Disappointed just because this means I likely won't be seeing her again for a very long time).





And there's my baby bound for Luxembourg!!!


This Sunday, Eglise D'Espoir (the Haitian church I go to each week) celebrate its second anniversary. This past week was a week of revival for the church, and services were held each night. The building this morning was jam packed, and it was a joy to worship the amazing things God has done through this church with these brothers and sisters in Christ. I will miss worshipping with them.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the babies looking at photos sent from their forever families. Reminds me of family portraits you and Clara would draw, including your brothers, before they came home. I think you sent a picture cube over to Vietnam too. Your hair looks fantastic! I know what it is like to miss the sun after a couple of days absence. I have determined that those of us who live in sunny settings actually develop solar powered brains. We just don't function well when it is cloudy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so amazing to see these children and know there are loving families excited to have them! I'm glad you weathered the storm well! I'm so impressed with your posts. You've really been a blessing to those kids and to us reading about your experiences.

    We're in for our own version of Sandy tomorrow. Except DC isn't as pro at hurricanes as Haiti. (Yes, I just used the phrase "pro at" - trying to be cool and hip.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily!!! Thanks so much for your comment. I LOVE getting comments!!! It's so encouraging. And I am so glad that you have been enjoying the blog! I miss you guys!

      Delete