Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Day of My Life in Pictures

This is where I start my day (and where I spend my nights) at the Toddler House, or "Kay B":

 Then at about 7:30 in the morning, I walk about a mile down the mountain on these harrowing roads:



To this place! The Main House with all the babies:


I spend my days with my cuties. Yesterday, they wanted to say happy birthday to Clara in French:


Sometimes, I go for walks in the day with my toddlers. We go to a little store, buy cookeis and Tampico, and sit on the wall overlooking the valley:


Then we come back to the balcony where there is a beautiful view of the moutains:


And then we eat dinner at this table:


And then we go back home to Kay B where there are dozens of children running around in the yard. I play with them until they go in for their baths.


Then I sit on the balcony and read my books and write in my journal and watch the sun set...


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the 10,000 words! Great to see the good ol' faithful purple backpack (but who took that picture?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nice way to spend the day! You'll have to start speaking to your Mom about getting mountains installed at Morningstar, now that you are used to seeing them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day in the life of Kathryn is never full! I like the building that looks like it is smaller on the bottom than on the top! And so creatively colorful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all the pictures. You're giving me a good idea of your life in Haiti. Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - I need to clarify....a day in the life of Kathryn is never "DULL"! I was typing that on my cell phone and the keyboard combined with the autocorrect functions really make me say some weird things sometimes!

    ReplyDelete