Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Wednesday Boy

I have seven kids, and with seven days in the week, each child has one day where I pray over them and for them as best I can all day long. I pray for whatever comes to mind - for their adoptive families if they have one, for the home that awaits them and for a loving community, for their birthmom as well as dad, for them to know somehow deep deep down that they are profoundly loved by their creator.

Today is the day that I pray for this boy:




He is a quiet boy, and very serious. The most serious baby that I have. The only time I see him smile is when I walk into the nursery. He has a family waiting for him in Wisconsin, with one big sister. He doesn't like to walk, although he certainly knows how to. Instead, he consistently insists to be held and held and held. He doesn't talk, or babble, or make any noise other than to cry when he isn't being held. He does enjoy the toys, and today we played with playdough for an entire hour. For the first few days, he was very wary of me. He cried often over nothing at all. I'm thankful that the crying has diminished significantly, but he still is more prone to fussiness than most of my other kids.

Join me today in praying for him.

2 comments:

  1. For the purposes of praying, I nicknamed him Isaac ("laughing one"), and I prayed that you would get to hear his laughter before you leave Haiti. I'll try to remember him on Wednesdays, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look very serious. I know that the time you spend with him will enrich his young life and bring some joy into his heart. I bet you will hear him do something other than fuss before you leave!

    ReplyDelete