Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Children of the Heavenly Father


This past week, I really enjoyed spending some time with one of the adoptive families who came to Haiti for the first visit (Haitian adoptions require two visits). Just the mom and dad came down, but they have two girls at home. One of their girls is very interested in taking a gap year and spending it in Haiti! I loved watching them interact with their son. It was a privilege to be there with them on the same balcony as they held their son. It was also encouraging to hear from their perspective how important the work of the volunteers is to the families who are waiting. 

They left yesterday afternoon, and today when I went into the nursery, one of the nannies was sitting with their little boy in the corner of the room trying to feed him lunch. The rest of the kids were playing outside. The nanny asked me if his parents were already gone, and I told her they were, and she asked me to take him up. All of my kids were still eating, so I took this special little boy up with me to the balcony. I think he was expecting to see his parents up there, and he seemed disappointed and confused, but I could tell he recognized me. I finished feeding him his lunch, and then we sat there together for a while and once again I was amazed at the honor I have been given in caring for these children. Children waiting and waiting for their forever homes. Children of the Heavenly Father.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kath - so great that you are the big sister for a time while he's waiting to go home to his family. I'm truly blessed to see this happening. Love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought it must be so hard as an adoptive family to go for the visit and then to have to leave without your child. I'm sure it helps them A TON to know that there are volunteers like you taking care of their babies when they can not be there to do it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn,
    I am a friend of Stanley's adoptive parents and I wanted you to know how much your presence there comforts them! They think very highly of you and the other staff there and it does comfort them to know you all are loving their little boy when they can't physically be there. You seem to be a very wise young woman full of the Holy Spirit doing great things in the name of Christ. You are being prayed for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam!!! I really appreciate all of your prayers. I have really enjoyed my time with Stanley and all the other wonderful children here at GLA. They are a blessing to me.

      Delete