Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Prayers For My Thursday Girl

Today I pray for this girl:













This girl lights up my day! When she laughs, she laughs with her whole body, and she laughs often. When she smiles, her whole face radiates joy, and she smiles whenever I walk in the nursery. She has a mind of her own, this girl. She'll be two in October, but she still doesn't like walking. In fact she can't really walk yet, although she's good at doing it with assistance when she wants to. She has been here for over a year now, and she has down's syndrome. She also had a condition that required open heart surgery in Miami. Each time I look through her photo album from her host family (who have now become her adoptive family), I remember just how precious this little girl is. She shows affection through not particularly gentle pats (we are working on instilling gentleness into these pats), and violent headbutts. She loves cuddles, she loves to be hugged, and she loves to laugh.

This little girl is thriving in many ways, but she is a bit behind developmentally. Pray that she can go home soon – home to her family in Michigan where hopefully I can still see her every now and then.

Thank you for your prayers for my Wednesday boy. Today he smiled for the first time while we were playing – he smiled twice, actually.  


2 comments:

  1. Love this new "days of the week" blog series. Looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious! That smile is infectious....I'm not surprised your Wednesday boy smiled!

    ReplyDelete