Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Do You Know Jesus?


Another story from Friday...

I would like to tell you about Madame. Regrettably, I cannot recall her name, but everyone from the orphanage just called her Madame, and she came with us on the Rice Run. 

She was a beautiful Haitian woman, very slender, with high cheek bones and a radiant smile. She helps nanny the children. She did not speak English or French, but the kids from the orphanage did speak decent English, so they translated for us. When I first walked on the tap tap, this is how my conversation with her went:

Her (in Creole): “Hello, what is your name?”
Me: “My name is Kathryn.”
Her (in Creole): “Ah, Kat-reen, do you know Jesus? Do you love Jesus? Did you find Jesus?”

The question that immediately followed “what is your name”.... Do you know Jesus? Why don't I introduce myself like that? This woman had her priorities straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment