Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Busy Days


In the past few days...
  • Another premature baby arrived.
  • A big girl, four years old, from another orphanage spent a few days here with the babies since GLA is processing her adoption. I got to spend some time playing with her today; she's very sweet.
  • My roommates from Canada left.
  • A new group of volunteers came (although they are not staying with me). A family of four from Alaska.
  • One adoptive mother came to pick up her little girl and bring her home.
  • Another adoptive family came for the first out of two trips to Haiti to go to court and such.
  • One of my babies had a visit from his biological mother.
  • We've been going on a lot of walks.
  • Some random guy on a motorcycle stopped and asked, or rather demanded, that I give him my phone number. I didn't.
  • Two volunteer nurses, Caitlin and Cheryl, came to organize the medicine cabinets and left this morning.
  • I got sick and then I got better again (in case you hadn't already read bout it...)
  • A sweet and very tiny premature baby died last night.

In the next few days...
  • I'm having a sleepover with Lilly.
  • There's an event at the Haitian church for the kids that I get to be a part of.
  • This weekend is an outing weekend, though I'm not sure exactly what that outing will be.
  • I hope to snuggle up sometime soon and watch some good old Pride and Prejudice as a very good way of coping with post-puke lethargy.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for families coming to meet their babies, and even better to take them home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good decision on the motorcycle guy.

    P&P sounds like a lovely idea.

    Will your sleepover be in that charming room with the bunkbeds in the photo in which Lilly is holding a parasol?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you don't mind me posting under different names. It sometimes feels like a hassle to switch back and forth.

    Love,

    MOM

    ReplyDelete