Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

My Baby Boy


On Fridays I pray for my baby boy. He is just about the sweetest little thing ever. He's a small guy, but he has grown a lot already since I arrived in Haiti. He will be four months on September 20. He has the biggest eyes I've ever seen on a baby, the bigness accentuated by his tiny face. When I first brought him out of the nursery, he was clearly quite scared. Scared by my new face, scared by his new surroundings, scared by the new sounds. He was only scared the first time, though. Subsequently, he has gotten happier and happier each time I take him out of the NICU. His smile is to die for. I love it with all my heart.









Today his birthmom came to visit. I only saw her for a moment, leaning over and kissing her sleeping baby. Pray for her today. I cannot imagine the ache of leaving your baby, hoping to give him a better future. Pray that he can soon have a family to love him and care for him. Pray also for his thumb. He's a thumb-sucker, and his little thumb got so chapped and blistered and red and raw, that the nannies put a sock over his hand a few days ago, and he has been quite the little crank ever since!

1 comment:

  1. I love the eyes! That was the first thing I said when I saw his photos you posted earlier. I wonder if he is going to grow into the eyes or if he will always have those huge eyes. It reminds me of how baby kittens have paws and ears that are too big for the rest of their body. My heart breaks for his birth mom. I only hope that she gets some consolation from the fact that he is being well cared for and will find a loving family who can provide for him in a way that she can not.

    ReplyDelete